And everyone in their best Alice Cooper voice responded with “FOR SUMMER!”
I can’t believe I haven’t blogged in weeks. Then again, I can believe it. SO Much has happened in the past few weeks. Here’s a recap:
- I finished out the school year being one of the only untenured teachers who will return to the school in the fall. This year due to budget cuts and whatnot, we lost 9 out of 12 teachers. With a rough economy and an awful job outlook for teachers, I understand why so many people are encouraged to NOT go into teaching. Also, because of all of the stress put on new, young, and untenured teachers, I also understand why so many of my friends have taken a few years off while their children are young. There’s no way to do it all, and it seems like we are burning out those who are fresh in the field. Paying their dues? Sure, I guess you could call it that. But tenured teachers don’t have their jobs held over their head if they don’t want to coach anymore.
- Joel passed his oral boards which means he is OFFICIALLY a Board Certified Medical Physicist. I could not be prouder. This process has lasted YEARS and has consisted of MONTHS of relentless studying for each round (3 rounds) of testing. I am so glad it’s over and we never have to go through this again. I feel almost as traumatized as he was through all this testing.
- Joel’s brothers and my sister-in-law came in town last weekend. It was wonderful to hang out with my sweet sister-in-law. She’s awesome. I feel like her awesome deserves a whole other post.
- We watched “Bridesmaids” and I have never laughed so hard. I think funny women are funnier than funny men.
- I finished reading “Divergent” and I LOVED IT. I lusted so hard after the HOT guy in the book. I am super annoyed that it’s going to take another year for the next book to come out.
- I lost my library card in the tornado. Yeah, I know that’s lame, but it’s true. I thought I put it in my catch-all basket but now it’s gone, along with all the paperwork I filled out for my new doctor (which I went to that appointment after being lost, parking in the wrong place, calling and having the line be busy….the whole time I was thinking – SHE BETTER BE WORTH IT.).
- I’m now back to watching the Today Show on a regular basis. But they are currently talking about 40 Beads – which is basically a sex plan for couples to spice it up. I must not be understanding this because I’m confused about how/why beads are put in jars. It seems awkward.d
- I love Twitter and definitely hate my Facebook account but I can’t delete my FB account because my MIL might throw herself into the highway in a third world country. She lives through FB and is her way of being all involved in our lives.
- I’m going to sign up for Hot Yoga but I’m terrified that I’m going to love it and not be able to afford it anymore. They have a special deal for new students which is the only way I can afford it.