This has been a crazy two months, which will help explain my hiatus from blogging. So how about the ever-common bulleted list to catch you up?
- Lila turned one. I don’t really understand how this baby (look at all those rolls!)
- She’s gone from above the 90th percentiles of height and weight to 10th percentiles. She is a complete monkey baby – always toddling around (she just learned to walk about a month ago) and opening cabinets. But she sure does aim to please. She likes having tasks to do and really just wants to make you happy. I’m living in this naive world where I believe this baby will always be like this but the next one will probably be the death of me.
- We had both of our families come into town to visit for her birthday party. We had a really great time with her cow themed party. There’s a field of cows behind our house and for awhile they were Lila’s favorite animals. She would “mooo” all the time. Then everyone came into town and she refused to make a sound.
- Joel and I celebrated 5 years of marriage in Chicago a few weeks ago. We had a wonderful time at one of the coolest restaurants and then we laughed ourselves into tears watching “The Book of Mormon.”
- Our house in Huntsville still hasn’t sold. (Want to buy it?! http://www.valleymls.com/(S(3qflgbsggeumk4gxpegn2msq))/default.aspx)
- So we went ahead and bought a house in Indiana. The silver lining is that our landlord is letting us out of our lease early so that she can put her house back on the market. Thankfully this means we won’t have to pay 2 mortgages and rent and we only have to pay 2 mortgages. Yay (?). We bought a gorgeous new construction in a really desirable area, which will be great for resale. We close in two weeks so that means I’m back to packing and organizing all our stuff in order to move SOON. I will be thankful when we can rid of all of these boxes and actually unpack everything. I am still missing all of my tupperware (which is why I had to go buy a new set) so I’m curious to go through and find that and who knows what else.
- Joel’s brother has moved in with us for the summer and I am SO thankful for the live-in help. A sibling of his has lived with him since before we were even engaged and I’m so used to it that I kinda want this every summer. It’s really awesome because his brother does the dishes every night. This is one of the most wonderful gifts someone can give me. Plus, it’s great being like “Hey I’m running to the store, here’s the monitor, she’s asleep!” I can go run errands so quickly when I’m not worried about buckling a baby in and out of the car seat.
- I got a free lance gig doing some copy-editing work for the Educational Specialists at NASA. It sounds oh so very important, and I’m a little proud of this. It also makes me sound smarter than I really am.
- And VERY importantly, I’ve made friends here! I’m involved in two different play groups (involving mostly the same people each day) and I’m starting to have a group of girls I can contact and hang out with. I’m realizing (ok, not realizing but at least admitting) that I am a social person who NEEDS other people around. I thrive on it while it wears Joel out (hello typical extrovert and introvert).