Thanks again to Ginger for the push to actually sit down and blog.
For years, I’ve been sewing little gifts for people, especially when they have babies. I’ve experimented with making baby clothes, decorating bibs, creating burp cloths, and sewing hooded towels. And, to be a little honest, I’ve become pretty good at it. Last summer, while looking for a hobby while staying at home with Lila, I decided to invest in an embroidery machine. This basically took my cute creations and made them fantastic. There’s something so wonderful about personalized gifts, especially for children.
This was a bag I made for one of my CDP’s and I absolutely love the detailing that shows up.
Our stockings I made in a complete rush in order to have them ready before we left town for Christmas.
The hooded towel I designed for Lila. I’ve used this so much with her that I’m thinking of making a whole cabinet of them so we won’t wear this one out.
Look at this adorable gift set for a baby boy!
So if you are needing or wanting anything personalized, let me know! I do custom creations but I can also monogram existing items for a flat rate. I have a two week turn around from when I receive payment and when it will be shipped. I am so excited to start this new adventure! Follow my shop on Instagram at SeeFernSew for more ideas and creations.
Thanks to Ginger for making me get back to blogging. I really do like it, but I’m so busy…blah blah blah just like every one else. When I do have free nap time, I’m watching TV because I just need my brain to stop. One of my best friends told me the other day that Joel and I were some of the smartest people she knew who watched the DUMBEST shows. So – since I’m all about TV – I’m going to publicly list my favorite TV shows.
- Friends – I could watch this show over and over and over. Between my college roommates we had the entire series on DVD.
- Felicity – Noel or Ben?? Noel all the way. I love Keri Russell SO MUCH.
- Grey’s Anatomy – I don’t care how crazy the story line may get or how unbelievable these situations are because I absolutely love the characters on this show. I remember seeing Sara Ramirez in Spamalot on Broadway (when she won the Tony!) and reading an interview with her about how Grey’s was her favorite show. ABC basically told her to pick a show and they would write her on and she picked Grey’s. She is SO talented and I love her.
- The Office – Steve Carrell Forever.
- Parenthood – because it is so like real life sometimes. Plus, I adore Monica Potter ever since she was in Kiss the Girls.
- Game of Thrones – epic. The story, sets, characters, everything is epic about this show.
- Homeland – Every episode is fast moving and I love the pacing of this show. I thought Claire Danes would be annoying but she’s great!
- The Newsroom – This show explains why I hate watching the news. HATE. I wish there was actually a news program like this.
- Project Runway- There will never be enough seasons of this show. I also love that my best friend and I try to watch the episodes at the same time so we can live text with each other. Considering she got me into this show in the first place, it’s really the least she can do.
- The Real Housewives of Orange County/Beverly Hills – I love the California shows. Just love them. These women are crazy and while some of the screeching gets old, I can’t stop watching.
Honorable Mention –
- The Soup – for every bit of trash tv out there that I’m not watching, Joel McHale is. Plus he reminds me of my Joel (who I think is so funny) AND we both like to watch this. Win.
- Kathie Lee and Hoda – This comes on during the 4th hour of the Today show and I’ll be damned if they aren’t just drinking the entire time. This show timed perfectly when I had to nurse Lila so for months, if I was at home, I would just settle in and start watching. Their commentary is hilarious.
- Downton Abbey – I like this show so much now that I’m into it (and it took some work getting into it at first because it’s not one of those shows you can just listen to in the background; you actually have to LISTEN and watch it to figure out what’s going on). BUT, I may have to abandon ship because they need to stop killing off their characters. Are you a happy character on this show? Then let’s just kill you off!
- Arrested Development – so great
- Sex and the City – never gets old
Summer is not knowing what day it is (And even though I haven’t experience that wonderful relaxed feeling too many times this summer, it will always remain my favorite summer feeling).
Summer is grilling out, eating fresh vegetables, and loads of fresh fruit preferably from the Farmer’s Market
Summer is coming in from the heat and drinking fruity drinks.
Summer is staying up late and hanging out with friends.
Summer is enjoying the screened in porch.
Summer is bare feet and painted nails.
Summer is playing with sidewalk chalk (they make GLITTER chalk! Which..um..isn’t toxic, right? Because my kid wants to eat it, which is such a buzz kill.).
This summer we bought a house and moved. We have Joel’s brother living with us and though I don’t always get to experience that “What day is it? What time is it?” feeling, I get to experience it vicariously through him. One of the nice things about summer is that the sun doesn’t go down until about 9:45 (benefit of living on the time zone line) – which is nice ( like when your husband and his brother walk to the neighborhood restaurant, drink beers, and then walk the mile back home. They have plenty of time!) even when you are convincing your toddler that they need to go to sleep when the sun is BRIGHTLY shinning. At least the sun comes up before 7 – which is a luxury I didn’t get in the winter.
Summer is the season that I never want to end.
(Prompt from Bring Back the Words Week 2)