Thanks to Ginger for making me get back to blogging. I really do like it, but I’m so busy…blah blah blah just like every one else. When I do have free nap time, I’m watching TV because I just need my brain to stop. One of my best friends told me the other day that Joel and I were some of the smartest people she knew who watched the DUMBEST shows. So – since I’m all about TV – I’m going to publicly list my favorite TV shows.
- Friends – I could watch this show over and over and over. Between my college roommates we had the entire series on DVD.
- Felicity – Noel or Ben?? Noel all the way. I love Keri Russell SO MUCH.
- Grey’s Anatomy – I don’t care how crazy the story line may get or how unbelievable these situations are because I absolutely love the characters on this show. I remember seeing Sara Ramirez in Spamalot on Broadway (when she won the Tony!) and reading an interview with her about how Grey’s was her favorite show. ABC basically told her to pick a show and they would write her on and she picked Grey’s. She is SO talented and I love her.
- The Office – Steve Carrell Forever.
- Parenthood – because it is so like real life sometimes. Plus, I adore Monica Potter ever since she was in Kiss the Girls.
- Game of Thrones – epic. The story, sets, characters, everything is epic about this show.
- Homeland – Every episode is fast moving and I love the pacing of this show. I thought Claire Danes would be annoying but she’s great!
- The Newsroom – This show explains why I hate watching the news. HATE. I wish there was actually a news program like this.
- Project Runway- There will never be enough seasons of this show. I also love that my best friend and I try to watch the episodes at the same time so we can live text with each other. Considering she got me into this show in the first place, it’s really the least she can do.
- The Real Housewives of Orange County/Beverly Hills – I love the California shows. Just love them. These women are crazy and while some of the screeching gets old, I can’t stop watching.
Honorable Mention –
- The Soup – for every bit of trash tv out there that I’m not watching, Joel McHale is. Plus he reminds me of my Joel (who I think is so funny) AND we both like to watch this. Win.
- Kathie Lee and Hoda – This comes on during the 4th hour of the Today show and I’ll be damned if they aren’t just drinking the entire time. This show timed perfectly when I had to nurse Lila so for months, if I was at home, I would just settle in and start watching. Their commentary is hilarious.
- Downton Abbey – I like this show so much now that I’m into it (and it took some work getting into it at first because it’s not one of those shows you can just listen to in the background; you actually have to LISTEN and watch it to figure out what’s going on). BUT, I may have to abandon ship because they need to stop killing off their characters. Are you a happy character on this show? Then let’s just kill you off!
- Arrested Development – so great
- Sex and the City – never gets old